For the latest information on the response to coronavirus (COVID-19) check the below website, which is regularly updated. There is latest advice from the NDIS, information for participants and providers, Auslan videos, Animations, NDIS office operation, partner office operations, and a Frequently Asked Questions section.
For example, for participants, the NDIS is doing a lot to help:
- NDIS plans to be extended by up to 24 months, ensuring continuity of support and increasing capacity of NDIA staff to focus on urgent and required changes to plans.
- Face-to-face planning shifted to telephone meetings where possible
- Action plan to ensure NDIS participants and their families continue to receive the essential disability supports they need.
- Proactive outreach to high-risk participants and sharing of data with states and territories to ensure continuity of supports.
- Financial assistance to providers to support retention of workers including advance payments, 10 per cent COVID-19 loading on some supports and changes to cancellation policies.
The NDIA is working with the Department of Social Services (DSS), Services Australia and NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NQSC) as well as health agencies to deliver on our Pandemic Plan in line with the Government’s Emergency Response Plan.