The NDIA is encouraging participants that live in restricted postcodes in Victoria to contact the National Contact Centre on 1800 800 110 and select option 5 if their situation has changed due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
The NDIS has introduced a range of measures to ensure participants can continue to get the support they need including:
- NDIS plans to be extended by up to 24 months, ensuring continuity of support
- Face-to-face planning shifted to telephone meetings where possible
- Proactive outreach to high-risk participants and sharing of data with states and territories to ensure continuity of supports.
- Temporarily broadened the flexible approach for low cost Assistive Technology items.This allows participants to access low cost AT items, such as smart devices and physio equipment, in consultation with their existing support providers.
- To support participants living in Supported Independent Living arrangements during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the NDIA has introduced two new support items for cleaning services and higher intensity support.
- To better support people with disabilities to apply to the NDIS while maintaining physical distancing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have made our ARF and Supporting Evidence Form available for download on our website.
The NDIA is working with the Department of Social Services (DSS), Services Australia and NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NQSC) as well as the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services to deliver on our Pandemic Plan in line with the Government’s Emergency Response Plan.
For more information about the NDIS' advice for Victorians, and about NDIA offices in restricted postcodes, click here.