The Victorian Government has announced the next stage of restrictions from 11:59pm on Wednesday 1 July 2020. These apply to the whole state except for metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire where Stage 3 "Stay at Home" restrictions will be reinstated from 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July.
Under the stage 3 restrictions, you can still:
- You can only exercise or undertake sporting activities outside with one other person or household members. You must be able to keep 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others.
- Personal training outdoors can occur but with a limit of two participants plus the instructor
- Tennis remains open. Maximum two people
- Equestrian centres remain open
- Mountain biking is permitted
- Outdoor sport facilities where people can exercise with no more than one other person or members of your household while maintaining 1.5 metres distance are permitted. Equipment should not be shared, and communal facilities cannot open
Closed for the next 6 weeks
- Indoor sports centres including gyms, training facilities and pools are closed
- Outdoor sport facilities must close, except for facilities where people can exercise with no more than one other person or members of your household while maintaining 1.5 metres distance. Equipment should not be shared, and communal facilities cannot open
- Community sport training and competition cannot occur within metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
- If you live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, you cannot attend or participate in community sport elsewhere
- Swimming pools will be closed
For more details about the current restrictions visit https://sport.vic.gov.au/
There are still plenty of resources available to support you in keeping active at home. Check out your favourite sport on https://aaavic.org.au/find-an-activity-for-home for an option you can participate in at home.
These restrictions only apply to metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, if you live outside these areas, contact us to find out what activities are returning to play in your area.